Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dedicated to My Dad, James F Hamilton



These are my parents before tragedy struck.
Being Mrs Maine was dedicated to Carolyn and James F. Hamilton. On December 17, 2004, just about 3 short months after me, my husband and four children moved to Maine from California, he collapsed in his home in Minnesota. My brother Shane saved his life by calling 911. He had a stroke. He was then overdosed on coumadin. He was given 15mg instead of 1.5 and he had a massive hemmorage at the stroke site. He had numerous brain surgeries, which were followed by a coma for quite some time. Then suddenly he decided, we guess, he was going to live and he came back to life. We spent quite some time at the Sister Kenny facility in Minneapolis helping him recover. He is not feeling the best he has ever felt these days, but he is alive and as well as can be expected. He has full memory and speech, but lack vision, coordination and has terrible diabetes.

No comments: