Monday, March 10, 2008

Go Red!


The whole ordeal made me so sad and want to reach out to talk to others about strokes and warning signs. I decided to learn as much as I could and team up with the Heart Association. I became a spokesperson for the association here in Maine. I could tell I needed a way to get my word out, being new to the area.

So, I became Mrs Cumberland County International and was preparing to be in the Mrs Maine International Pageant. This was a continuation of my efforts in California. Shortly before we moved, I was going to be in the Mrs CA Int'l pageant. My platform had always been children's literacy. However, I thought I could do a dual platform and teach about strokes and hold story times.

Then, another opportunity presented itself--The Mrs United States Pageant. I was notified I had won Mrs Maine US just after I had taken the title of Mrs Cumberland County. I decided to become Mrs Maine US and my year began.

No comments: